Shades 1.1 Released
Published at 1:29am on 18 Dec 2006
We've just released a major update to our popular Shades application, which includes many new features requested by our users.
Shades 1.1 is a major update to our popular display-brightness control software.
We have been impressed and surprised by the quantity of feature requests we have received for Shades form our users, and in this version we have done our best to implement as many of your suggestions as possible.
New features include...
- Shades now provides a "menu extra" interface for adjusting brightness.
- It is now possible to drag the slider control between different displays.
- New "snap to corner" functionality makes it easier to position the slider.
- Added a preferences window for adjusting program settings.
- The slider can now be displayed vertically as well as horizontally.
- A new "bordered" style has been added for the slider. The original "plain" style can still be selected via the preferences.
- The slider control can be set to auto-hide when Shades is in the background.
- Shades now automatically detects when new versions are released (this can be disabled in the preferences).
We've put a lot of time and effort into developing this new version, and we have opted to continue to provide Shades as a free product. If you like Shades, and want to ensure its continued development and support, then please consider making a small donation. With your help we hope to continue making great, free software for the Mac community.
You can download the new version of Shades from here. We hope you enjoy using it, and of course keep sending us your feedback so that we can make Shades even better!